The process of grieving
Grieving fully is crucial for our wellbeing, mentally, emotionally, physically and spiritually. When we engage with this willingly, it can release us to a new phase of our lives. It’s in crossing the threshold between our life as it was before a loss and our life afterwards that we can face challenges. Unresolved grief can even surface years later as an unwelcome obstacle in our personal or working lives.This is when it can be helpful to have some coaching assistance.
What is bereavement coaching?
Bereavement Coaching provides you with a thinking space, a sounding board and the encouragement to link to your intuition and essential self. These are steps that gently lead you to succeed in your life on the other side of the threshold in the ways that you value. It is a way of learning about yourself through constructive conversation with me and commitment to the tasks you set for yourself. With increasing awareness you are primed to flourish through your experience of grieving.
This journey is one that is led by you with guidance and support from me as your bereavement coach. It is a unique opportunity to explore, recognise and bring into play the special strengths that are yours alone.
Bereavement Coaching is about acknowledgement, encouragement, partnership and finding the courage to step out and look at the world from an entirely new perspective. In empowers you to find a new path forward: at a time when you’re ready; that’s just right for you and; that empowers you to live your best life.
‘Grief is a skill. Its twin is being able to love life.’
What’s the difference between Bereavement Coaching and Bereavement Counselling?
First steps in healthy grieving include allowing feelings to surface and be expressed and then starting to address any underlying personal and spiritual issues that might be keeping us stuck. Counselling can be helpful if you feel as though you’re remaining stuck in the processing of your grief, despite your best efforts at moving through this transition. At the point where you feel ready to look at the messages and insights received from moving through grief, then coaching can be most effective for helping you integrate what you’re learning into your life and forging a new way of being in the world.
What are the signs that I might benefit from coaching?
– A budding, or increasing awareness, of your beliefs and values
– Starting to feel enthusiasm about moving into the future
– Seeking challenges and inspiration
– Wanting accountability to keep you on track
– Looking for someone objective who can act as a sounding board for emerging ideas
What results might I expect?
– New perspectives, new insights, a greater degrees of compassionate self-awareness, being able and willing to consider different paths forward in life that meet your deepest needs and wishes and that reflect who you authentically are as a unique and valued individual.
– Support and encouragement to take the steps necessary to move forwards at a pace and time that’s right for you.
– Help to find the courage and personal resilence when needed, when this might seem too challenging to do alone
– Non-judgemental, compassionate understanding of yourself and others.
– Feeling ready to celebrate and find joy, without guilt.
– To be able to move on and integrate what’s happened, not despite the loss, but in awareness and acceptance of the changes that have resulted, internally and externally.
Bereavement Coaching by phone or online, from the comfort of your home.
Typically, we spend 45 minutes to an hour in conversation 2-3 times per month. I also include email coaching between live coachng sessions at no extra charge.
I coach from a spiritually and emotionally intelligent perspective, embracing tried and tested coaching, training and mentoring approaches. I have studied both Eastern and Western Psychology and embrace ancient teachings and universal truths in a modern context. I see honouring, and living from, our authenticity as being paramount in making the journey across the threshold of bereavement. So, I also draw on practices based on the principles of emotional and spiritual intelligence that support us in remembering and reclaiming our true purpose in life.
To arrange a free, no obligation, exploratory conversation on the telephone simply contact me to arrange a time.